Ingredients needed :
- Raw Rice - 4 cups.
- Urid Dhall - 1/2 cup
- Channa ot Toor Dhall - 1/4 cup.
- Soak Rice and dhall together for 4 to 5 hours..
- and grind it like usual dosa batter and allow it to ferment over night...
For the side dish :
Red chutney to spread:
- Dry red chilies – 5
- Onion - 1 big
- Garlic - 3,4 (optional)
Fry these lightly & make a paste with salt & water.
- Potatoes - boil, peel & mash it
- Onions - cut into thin long pieces.
- Green chilies - 2 (slit)
- Ginger - 1 tsp,
- Curry leaves & Coriander leaves - few, finely chopped
For Seasoning :
- 2 tsp oil
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dhal - 1 tsp
- In a kadai, heat oil, add the seasoning ingredients, ginger, green chilies & onion.
- Fry till onion becomes transparent.
- Add potatoes, salt., both leaves & mix well.
For Dosa :
- These dosa are made using a mixture of ghee & oil.
- Smear with oil & water on the tawa & spread a thin dosa.
- When the bottom starts turning golden, in just half of it, smear the red chutney lightly.
- Wait for a minute for chutney to cook.
- Then on the same half, keep 2 tbsp of potato masala.
- Fold the other half over this & serve with chutney.
- This dosa is not turned over
(I have done like ordinary dosa and did only onion & tomato chutney... The taste was too good.)