May 7, 2009

Rasagula

The source of the dish is from the famous vahrehvah chef Sanjay. Have always loved chef's cooking and recipes. This is one of my favs. Have already tried this dish more than a couple of times and everytime ended up thinking and wishing that I had prepared more :) During my last trip to India, I had prepared rasagula for everyone at home which includes my mom, dad, bro and cousins. Everybody juz loved it and where amazed cos it was "me" who prepared it...someone whom they have always pictured who was miles away from cooking and did not know the direction of kitchen :) Mom loved the dish and tat was what mattered to me a lot cos I felt I was gifted to make something for her, after all tat shez been for me in my life... I dedicate this dish to my wonderful mom for Mother's Day...Love you mummy...



Ingredients:
  • Whole milk for rabadi - 2 cups
  • Cardamom pdr - as req
  • Whole milk for Paneer - 4 cups
  • Vinegar - diluted in water - as req
  • Ice cubes - one tray
  • Muslin cloth - for hanging paneer
  • Sugar - 1 cup
  • Some nuts and cardamom pdr for garnish
  • water - as req
Rabadi preparation:

Boil whole milk for a long time till it condenses to a thick consistency. Add some cardamom pdr(1 tsp).

Paneer preparation:

Boil whole milk. Kurdle it by adding diluted vinegar. Add vinegar to the milk lil by lil. When the milk kurdles and the paneer forms, juz when you can see some clear water, add ice cubes. Adding ice cube gives soft cheese. Remove the water/moisture from the paneer by hanging the paneer in a muslin cloth for atleast 30 minutes. After the moisture leaves from the paneer, make soft round balls out of it. Make sure there is no cracks in the ball.

Rasagula Preparation:

In another pan, boil 6 cups of water. To this add 1 cup of sugar. When the water starts boiling well, add the paneer soft balls prepared already. Cook the balls in hot water for 5 minutes. Boiling water puffs up the paneer and also helps it from stop crumbling to pieces. After 5 minutes, when the paneer puffs up into nice round balls, take them out from the boiling water and transfer them to a cup of warm water. When serving, remove the rasagulas from th e warm water and then remove the water from them by gently pressing the paneers. Serve it with the rabadi prepared. Garnish it with some nuts and cardamom pdr.

This dish is sent to the following events:




4 comments:

Please leave your valuable comments/feedback. If having problems posting them, then you can also contact me at mail4kavi@gmail.com

You May also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape