Apr 14, 2011

Mango Pachadi ~~ Tamil New year Wishes

அனைவருக்கும் தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துகள்
 

My Menu for today is :


Thanks to Lavanya for sending Mango Pachadi recipe to me ...She was not able to find the recipe in this blog ...and she has sent me the recipe along with photo..So posting it again here ...


Ripe mango-1
Jaggery - 1 cup
Oil- 1tbsp
Mustard- for seasoning
Dried Red chillies -1
Turmeric - 1/2 tbsp
Salt - a pinch

In a kadai, add oil and mustard. Once the mustard sputters add the mango, salt ,  turmeric , dried red chillies. Add water and let the mango cook until soft.  When the mango is half cooking, I added the jaggery. Since the jaggery available here is not  the one like India(where we can get that string consistency), I let it boil until the mango is fully cooked.

10 comments:

  1. happy New Year to u too!...yummy sweet mango pachadi!
    Smitha
    Smitha's Spicy Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Tamil new year dear..Pachadi looks so inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you a very happy new year. The plate is as a whole very appetising. Loved the pachchidi and vadai in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Tamil new year to you too...pachadi looks great and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm those recipes looks tempting, they make me want some for real and not just for pictures, LOL. the occasion is just around the corner so let me express my warmest tamil new year wishes to all!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your valuable comments/feedback. If having problems posting them, then you can also contact me at mail4kavi@gmail.com

You May also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape